I've worked in various advertising agencies over the years in both permanent and freelance positions...
- G-Labs (The Guardian)
- CP+B London
- M&C Saatchi
- RKCR/Y&R (Saint)
- TBWA Media Arts Lab (Apple)
- CHI & Partners
...and won a number of awards over the years.
- BAFTA: Winner, Digital Creativity, Channel 4 “Humans”
- Creative Circle: Winner, Gold, RNID “1 in 7”
- D&AD: Winner, Bronze, Moving image, RNID “1 in 7”
- Webby: Winner, Display Advertising, Channel 4 “Space Week”
- Lovies: Winner, Banner Ads, Channel 4 “Space Week”
- Lovies: Winner, People Award, Banner Ads, Channel 4 “Space Week”
- IAB Creative showcase: Winner, Foster’s “Ozometer”
- IAB Creative showcase: Winner, Foster’s “Scuba”
- IAB Creative showcase: Runner-up, RNID “1 in 7”
- Campaign Magazine: 'Top 10 Digital posters of 2009'
..and then in September 2011 following a nine month Google project at BBH I decided to take a holiday. That lasted 2 days before a contact from RKCR/Y&R heard I was no longer at BBH and asked me to take on a small project for Virgin Atlantic. I expressed that I didn't want to work on site and so worked on the project from my kitchen. Three months later and having secured two further "clients" Channel 4 and Glue Isobar I began discussions with colleague and friend Jon Bezalel. Three months after that Super natural was born.
On 3rd March 2012 we opened our doors at 15 West Central Street London.
During my time at Super natural I've worn many hats. Sometimes standing in as designer, working as a solo creative or as part of a team (when freelance creative resource has been bought in). I've developed in multiple languages, on a wide range of "web-based" projects solo, or again as part of a team. I've lead business initiatives from process driven working methods to marketing and social media campaigns.
I'm also a dab hand at planning and delivering work for pitches. Super natural has pitched for ITV, Melia Hotels and Netflix and we've won all three! Hooray!
I've lead and managed the Super natural team of 8 designers / developers / project managers and am quite comfortable speaking to clients.
As a business owner I'm aware of the importance of keeping projects on time and on budget and am comfortable project managing projects when necessary.
As great as Super natural has been it's time for a change and I'm seeking a new home where I can continue to combine creative ideas with the intelligent application of technology... primarily in a freelance capacity but will consider perm roles.
I'm now mainly focussing on Front End Development, MERN stack (Mongo(Mongoose), Express, React Node)
... and have a growing interest in Arduino and Johnny-Five (NodeBots)